GARIN TZABAR PARENTS
We at Tzofim Garin Tzabar, recognize that not only are the Garin members making a significant life change, but so is their entire family. Especially their parents. You, as parents, are an important part of the preparation period, the decision making, an essential part of the support and success of overcoming the various challenges that the Garin Tzabar members may face in their experiences. We've built a program that will enable you, the parents, to better understand what your child is going through. This program will enable parents to better support their children, and receive support themselves, since they too face complex experiences and challenges.
DURING THE PREPARATION PERIOD:
- We have two parent meetings.
- Parent conference calls and one-on-one conversations, if needed.
- Frequent email correspondence with the parents.
- Direct communication between the parent and the Garin manager.
- A moving farewell event marking the end of the preparation process (in North America and Europe).
DURING THE ABSORPTION PERIOD AND MILITARY SERVICE:
- Parent events in various locations (according to geographical division). We hold events for parents of lone soldiers out of an understanding that the group frame which is very important and meaningful to our soldiers, can be equally significant to their parents who need support; a group of lone soldier parents is an immeasurable source of strength. At these events there are talks and meetings with professionals such as psychologists, lawyers, parents of past lone soldiers, and lone soldiers, in an effort to understand their needs. There is also a social aspect to these events, such as movie screening, lighting Hannukah candles, trips and more. The idea is to create a community of parents of lone soldiers.
- Direct communication between the Kibbutz coordinator, the Tzofim coordinator and the parents.
- A Garin Tzabar newsletter every four months.